Friday, October 1, 2010

Parties books and more parties :-)

1. Congratulations to Barry Golblatt on his TEN YEAR AGENCY ANNIVERSARY!
Wednesday afternoon, Cindy Faughnan and Robin Wasserman were my trusty co-pilots on a mad-cap drive to Brooklyn for the party. We were pretty late, but we were thrilled to make it in time for the toast. Here are a bunch of people listening to Barry give a fantastic speech about his journey:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Thank you, Barry for all you do. It's amazing to think about all the dreams you've helped come true. Here's to many many more!

It was really fun to see Barry's clients outside of "retreat" mode. I made the dopey comment that it was fun to see everyone dressed, by which I meant in fancy clothes, but some people took it the wrong way. Oh well! ;-P

Here are two of my favorites, Sara Ryan and Dan Poblocki.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here are Sara, Cindy and Me. Cindy just signed with Joe Monti! YAY!!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. PEARL is coming in July!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It does seem like SOOOOOO far away, but it's nice to know an actual pub month! :-)

3. While in NY, I also signed the contract for SEE YOU AT HARRY'S!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was thrilled to see the book classified as "ages 10 and up." Middle school! Woohoo!!! I love middle schoolers! And finally my sister can stop saying, "When are you going to publish a book I can actually have in my library?" (She's a school librarian in a k-8 school) :-)

4. It's not too late to do the Banned Books Meme!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was really excited to see this one yesterday. Thanks ! xo

5. Join the JoNoWriMo party!
This afternoon we'll be checking in at the community page and on Twitter with the hashtag #JoNoWritingParty All are welcome!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment